Moderator Control Panel ]

Canada help needed! Sarah Smith

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Canada help needed! Sarah Smith

Postby cheerily » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm trying to trace the death of Sarah Smith (nee Evans) born Llanwnog, Montgomeryshire in abt 1853. She moved to Canada with children Thomas Hedley Smith, Francis Clement Smith & her daughter Charlotte Jane Griffiths (nee Smith). I have her arriving back in Quebec on 26 July 1928 with grandson Matthew
Griffiths. Their destination address is 42 Coleridge Ave, Toronto which is her daughter's address.
Daughter is mentioned as Mrs J Griffiths. Sarah is 74 & I would like to find her date of death. Any help/advice gratefully received.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
cheerily

Re: Canada help needed! Sarah Smith

Postby jenniewren2 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 am

Hi you could try contacting www.pier21.ca it may take a few weeks for their response but well worth the effort.

I contacted them about one of my ancestors and received a very positive response.

Another website to try would be www.bac-lac.gc.ca

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
jenniewren2

Postby MayHam » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:28 pm

I noticed Francis Clement Smith's death certificate said he was buried in St. John's Cemetery, which I assume is St. John's Norway Cemetery.

Coincidentally, there is said to be a tombstone of a Sarah Smith (died 1935) there according to The Ontario Name Index. I can't figure out how to order it, though.
https://www.ogs.on.ca/toni.php#bottom

If she is the right one, you should be able to order a death certificate through the Ontario Vital Records Department.
https://www.ontario.ca/faq/where-are-vi ... n-province
MayHam

Postby cheerily » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Thanks. I've emailed St John's Norway Cemetery to see if they can provide more details. Hopefully she is the right one & then I can hopefully get a death cert.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
cheerily

Return to General research queries