Moderator Control Panel ]

WHICH is it?

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

WHICH is it?

Postby pre1837 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:53 am

When I look at the May Crossword, I see that the prize is a [i]WDYTYA[/i] [i]Family Tree Maker, [/i]which claims to be the official PC Software for the TV series; however, a few pages prior to the Crossword, it states that [i]Family Historian 3 [/i]is the Software used by the programme makers. As detailed comparisons of these two Software programmes on the web show that they are far from the same, so which Software [i]is[/i] used by the makers of [i]WDYTYA?[/i]
I already have and use the [i]Family Tree Maker[/i] and have been looking at the [i]Family Historian 3[/i] with the view to buying it.
You have shown how to use the [i]FH3[/i] this month, so which is the better one and which one do you use?
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

RE: WHICH is it?

Postby Editor » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 pm

The genealogists behind the making of Who Do You Think You Are? now use their own system for storing family history information rather than any particular product. They will be in touch with Family Historian to clear up any confusion. The software that is on offer as our crossword prize comes with celebrity family trees from the first three series as well as video clips and a 'how to' guide from the makers of WDYTYA which is why it is connected with the series.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Genealogy chat