Moderator Control Panel ]

School records

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

School records

Postby laughing granny » Thu May 25, 2017 8:44 pm

with regard to the National School admission registers and log books on Find My Past. I cannot view the images with either Firefox or Google browser. Other images on Find My Past are not a problem.

Please does anybody have any suggestions on how to overcome this problem

I have contacted FMP who suggested that I clear browser history and cache which I have done.

The problem seems to have arisen since an update on my computer
laughing granny

Re: School records

Postby AdrianB38 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Does the "National School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870-1914 Image Browse" have the same problems?
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby laughing granny » Thu May 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi! Adrian
Unfortunately it does
laughing granny

Postby AdrianB38 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:40 pm

I have absolutely no idea what might be causing that. To affect 2 browsers suggests that it's not a browser issue as such. But to be confined to just those images is plain weird. There must be something different about those images compared to the normal FMP images - such as they're encoded / compressed by a different formula that your update has fouled up. Or it could be something utterly different....

Have you any idea what the update actually was?

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby laughing granny » Thu May 25, 2017 10:51 pm

I've no idea what the update was but I have now received an e mail from FMP stating that they have managed to replicate my problem and are passing the issue to their tech guys for investigation
laughing granny

Postby paulr1949 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

laughing granny wrote:I've no idea what the update was but I have now received an e mail from FMP stating that they have managed to replicate my problem and are passing the issue to their tech guys for investigation

I've just tried the first record which came up on the list for 1900 in Firefox and I could read the image OK. But maybe I haven't had the update that you've had yet...!
Paul
paulr1949

Return to General research queries