Moderator Control Panel ]

Bit more help please.

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Bit more help please.

Postby kayy » Sun May 14, 2017 7:20 am

Ok since you were so amazing helping before I hope you don't mind me asking a little mpre help...I am looking for the parents of edgar gale and harriett thompson..they were my great great grandparents..they spent a lot of time in kent and my great grandmother was born in Edinburgh due to her father being in the military..they had 13 children together.so the ones I am looking for will be my 3x great grandparents.

Also if anyone can help with mary jane pizzey..she was based in lancashire had a son called harold in 1920..thing is with her not sure if she was married as no fathers name on harold birth cert so I am a bit stuck and could not find her birth and no idea of his father.

Thanks in advance and hope you are all enjoying the better weather :-)
kayy

Re: Bit more help please.

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 11:42 am

Do you have dates & place of birth for Edgar and Harriet?
coopernicola

Postby kayy » Sun May 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Unfortunately no..all I know is their daughter freda was born 1908 in Edinburgh
kayy

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 2:00 pm

This may be a red herring:
On Ancestry's Surrey Marriages (Ref Number 2888/1/50):
Harry GALE marries Harriet Eliza Thompson MANT after Banns at St John the Baptist, Croydon on 17 July 1915.
He is described as of 'full' age, widower, Estate Agent resident of Nuneaton, Coventry. His father Henry GALE, farmer.
She is described as of 'full' age, spinster, resident of Rosemount, Park Hill Rise. Her father Alfred James Mant a gentleman.
Both signed their names. One witness has signed illegibly but the other is Minnie Edith Mount.
Nicola
coopernicola

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Also 1911 England census has the following living at 28 St James Ave, Beckenham, Kent:
Edgar Frendell GALE b 1874 Hammersmith, London; Chartered Accountant
Harriet Gertrude b 1878 no place if birth, married 2 years (1 child of this marriage),
William Brei HEPPLE, stepson b 1903 Bromley, Kent
Kathleen Mary Gale, daughter, b 1910 Beckenham, Kent
coopernicola

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 2:17 pm

If the second couple are your Edgar & Harriet, this may be their marriage:
Edgar Trendell GALE, 34, batchelor married Harriet Gertrude HEPPEL, 31, widow on 6 Nov 1908 at St Peter's, Streatham after Banns.
His is an Accountant of 188 King's Hall Rd, Beckenham. His father William Edwin Gale, a Journalist.
She is residing at 130 Valley Rd, Streatham. Her father is Parker RAINGILL, a gentleman.
Both signed the register. Witnesses: Gerald W Gale & Jane Heppel.
There is a marriage on FreeBMD for Harriet Gertrude RAINGILL & Albert William HEPPEL in Sep Quarter 1899, Cheshire 8a 723.
coopernicola

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Mary Jane Pizzey...
Not sure if you have her son Harold's marriage certificate: Harold PIZZEY & Lily INCE, Jan Quarter 1940, Ince, Lancs 8c 218.
There may be a father on this for him? I have a couple of instances of father's names on illegitimate children's marriages (possibly as the alleged father has died).
N.B. Interesting to see Lily INCE, from Ince-in-Makerfield near Wigan.
coopernicola

Bit more help please.

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 3:09 pm

There is a private tree on Ancestry (it could be yours) with Freda May GALE b 1908, Edinburgh. Another unsourced tree has Freda's father as Edgar Thomas GALE b 1878, Trostery, Monmouth, Wales.
Edit: Have you tried looking for a military record? There seem to be a few Edgar GALEs on FMP. I don't currently have a sub so can't check for you.
coopernicola

Bit more help please.

Postby coopernicola » Sun May 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Searching for Edgar GALE born Wales brings up an army census return in 1911. It's Royal Artilley based at Aldershot, Hampshire. This Edgar b 1879 Usk, Monmouthshire is Sgt in 118 Battery RFA he is married, but there do not appear to be any soldier's families in this set.
I did however find a GALE family group in army 1911 census returns from India. The children are Arthur & George (born Aldershot), Vera (born Edinburgh). However their mother is Annie Elizabeth (born Bushey, Herts) not Harriet. No sign of Freida May either.
coopernicola

Postby kayy » Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 am

Hi,sorry for taking time to reply super busy..think harriett surname was wrong I think it was actually walker.Edgar as far as I know was royal artillery and at some point was in africa and Edinburgh.acording to story he went missing for a while after the war...

On the other side yes lily ince love thst she was born in ince lol..
kayy

Next

Return to General research queries