Moderator Control Panel ]

Just out of interest...

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Just out of interest...

Postby Ashbee » Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 am

My tree doesn't have living duplicated names (only replacements after an earlier death) but lots of examples of being known by another name: Rose instead of Margaret, Patricia rather than Florrie, Polly not Mary Ann, Nancy not Ellen etc. Mostly men opted for a second name rather than a totally unconnected name. Makes finding the right person in the archives a nightmare doesn't it!
Ashbee

Postby Amazinggrace » Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 am

Yes,I searched and searched for my mums younger sister who died when she was an infant.Everbody
told me she was called May. WRONG. She was called Mary.So why call her May? No wonder I'm grey. :D
Grace
Amazinggrace

Postby SDV » Thu May 18, 2017 2:25 pm

In one of family in my tree, there were three daughters all named Ann. They were born in successive years and the first two died as infants. It seems that when one daughter died, they named the next one exactly the same name, until one survived.
SDV

Postby pete25 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 am

My two Mary's lived and this is what I can't understand...two members of one family with the same name.
I've had a lot of repeat names due to the baby sadly passing then another sibling born then given the same name.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Previous

Return to General research queries