Moderator Control Panel ]

William Isaac Locker

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

William Isaac Locker

Postby hilhouse » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

Hi

I posted a couple of years trying to find out about William Isaac Locker before his marriage to Mary Simpson in 1886, Liverpool. I am still struggling to find any further info! William is found on the 1891, 1901 & 1911 census with his wife and children living in Liverpool. William is born between 1860-65 and in Manchester (Gorton is mentioned on one census). I can't find him before his marriage, siblings, parents etc. On his marriage certificate it does say his father was also called William and worked as a labourer. Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Hilhouse
hilhouse

Re: William Isaac Locker

Postby MayHam » Sat May 27, 2017 8:35 pm

I noticed William & Mary married at St. Mary's, Kirkdale, Lancashire, England
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NFXR-LJ7

I also notice from the GRO and FamilySearch that about half their children, including a William George and Ellen/Eleanor were baptised in Liverpool and the other half at St. Mary's, Kirkdale (West Derby.)

Grasping at straws now but there was a William Lockier (sic) and, possibly, Helen Smith who married in Liverpool in 1851. They had a son, William, registered in West Derby in 1856. All their other children, according to the GRO, had middle names so maybe they hadn't decided on William's?
MayHam

Re: William Isaac Locker

Postby hilhouse » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi MayHam

Thanks for putting forward this line of enquiry. I have had a look and unfortunately it doesn't match up...

Many thanks
Hilhouse
hilhouse

Return to General research queries