Moderator Control Panel ]

Seeking info on Susanna Hawkes Adams nee Wilson

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Seeking info on Susanna Hawkes Adams nee Wilson

Postby cas » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Please can anyone shed any light on a Susanna Wilson born C1805?
She was married on the 02 Aug 1824 in the church of St Peter Le Bailey Oxford to John Hawkes Adams. Susanna & John were not of the parish which is why I've hit this brickwall.
I know John was from Northamptonshire and was possibly working as a Blacksmith in Oxford at the time of his marriage to Susanna.
I know they moved back to Northants at some point as their first child Thomas was born in Northants (1825) as were all their other children.
Susanna died in 1833 and was buried on the 26th Dec. in Morton Pinkney Northants.
I would be so very grateful if anyone has any info regarding Susanna's birth place, siblings etc
With many thanks
cas

Re: Seeking info on Susanna Hawkes Adams nee Wilson

Postby Artognou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 am

Good morning,

I've had a look in the surrounding areas and the only likely birth for a Susannah Wilson is in Welford, which is just a bit further north from Moreton Pinkney;
Christening Date 11 Feb 1803
Christening Place INDEPENDENT, Welford, Northampton
Birth Date 29 Aug 1802
Father's Name Thos. Wilson
Mother's Name Ann

I did have a look throughout Oxfordshire but I couldn't find anyone, but the Welford birth looks good, I also couldn't find any other realistic births that could be considered in Northamptonshire but Moreton Pinkney isn't far from Banbury and that in turn, is a bit further up the road from Oxford.

I also saw the marriage record for John and Susannah and they're both listed as lodgers.
Does this Susannah sound like a possibility to you?

Alex.
Artognou

Postby brunes08 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 pm

I had come to exactly the same possibilities as Alex regarding Susanna's birth and the places in Northampton. I did try to find some information on Thomas' birth in 1825 but familysearch.org only has Northampton, not a particular village/town. Do you have details for where the other children were born as this might help to clarify things?
brunes08

Postby cas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello Artognou and brunes08. Thank you very much for your replies.Yes, I had come across that baptism and have considered it; As you say, it isn't too far from Morton Pinkney so could be a good candidate. However, what I really need is proof that it is her so that I can start on her family line.
The most frustrating thing is I can trace John Hawkes Adams 2nd wife Hannah's family with no problem!! But of course she's nothing to do with me other than having married my 4x Grt Grandfather JHA.
Once again many thanks for taking time to answer my query it's very much appreciated
cas

Postby Artognou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:27 pm

I have found Thomas' baptism, he was born in Slapton, this is a bit east from Moreton Pinkney and slightly north of Bicester.
Definitely your man, the right names for his parents and his father was listed as a blacksmith.
Artognou

Postby Artognou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:44 pm

I meant to add that it looks as though the other children of John and Susannah were born in Moreton Pinkney.
Artognou

Postby cas » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 am

Thank you Artognou. I'm fully aware of JHA's childrens places of Birth/Baptisms. It's just proof of Susanna's Birthplace/Baptism that I need.
Thank you very much for all your help. Kindest Regards
cas

Postby ianbee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:27 am

Re the ncf Welford baptism,I haven't seen if there is any more info on the original.
But anyway there's a Susannah Fellows in the census, born Welford circa 1803. Married to William.
Living in Thornby, Northamptonshire, in 1851
Son Henry, 11, born Thornby, birth reg 1839, Brixworth, has mother as Willson
Ditto daughter Emma, 9 (June qtr 1842, Brixworth)

William Fellows married Susanna Willson, 11 October 1830, Welford
So she must be a candidate for the 1803 Welford baptism
ianbee

Postby cas » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:50 am

Thank you ianbee. That's a possibility. Kindest regards
cas

Return to General research queries