Moderator Control Panel ]

Fathers Side help

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Fathers Side help

Postby tyneprice92 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 pm

My dad has recently been interested in his family but doesn't have much to go on, from a small boy he was in a children's home in Durham. All he knows is his mums name and dad's. I've traced her birth marriage and death she was 28 when died and he was 3 years old, he doesn't know where his dad went he searched around heard he died as a child but I can't find anything on a Thomas price I found his and Sylvia my dad's moms marriage certificate but nothing else like he vanished. He would like to find out more about the orphanage he was in 1960's and more on his father please help me give him this gift

Sylvia mordue 1935-1964
Married Thomas price 1960
Born and wed in lanchester Durham

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
tyneprice92

Re: Fathers Side help

Postby tyneprice92 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:03 pm

I've ordered the marriage certificate so I will hopefully know more possibly Tuesday. My dad said a woman came to him around when he was 19 her name was Mary green said she was his aunty and a man by Malcolm price said he was his brother or uncle he can't remember which I found a Malcolm price born in Durham but i think his mother and father only married because she became pregnant with my dad in 1960 before having him in 61 she died in 64 so I'm thinking possible uncle this Malcolm was a lot older my dad said around 20 years older

tyneprice92

Postby tyneprice92 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Jmckinnon where did you find this all the records I found was a Mary j mordue married a thomas price in 1920 I can't find anything apart from birth marriage and death of Sylvia no census or anything think I'm searching wrong

tyneprice92

Postby tyneprice92 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:26 am

Yeah I've signed up to find my past free trial found more out on there than ancestry.. no it's fine it's a huge help you have told me loads Edward h Beverley looks like a child after Sylvia if she was widowed in 1939. Oh gosh poor Cecil I wonder what was up with him nothing looks good my family early age deaths, mental problems, children's homes

tyneprice92

Postby tyneprice92 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:09 pm

It's looking like Henry Beverley and Annie are the parents of Mary Jane the birthdates are the same 23/10/1895

tyneprice92

Return to General research queries