Moderator Control Panel ]

New FTM

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

New FTM

Postby janmlawson » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:39 pm

I was very disappointed to find that, despite shutting down treesync on FTM, MacKiev haven't managed to get their new version up and running. I wonder how long it will take them to sort it all out.
janmlawson

Re: New FTM

Postby JaneyH » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:41 pm

I was hopeful of getting my email with download details this morning, but no sign so far. Hurry up!

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Re: New FTM

Postby JaneyH » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:45 pm

I've just seen this on Facebook:

SHIPPING PLANS - FTM 2017
I've updated the shipping status report posted earlier with the following update.
UPDATE - 2:30 AM UTAH TIME

The review meeting has ended without an agreement to release quite yet. Our quality assurance staff call the shots and they're calling for more research into issues raised in beta testing of FamilySync which was deployed on Thursday.
The engineers were called to the office an hour ago and are going to spend the day following the trail of the most worrying issues raised in testing yesterday. They may turn out to be nothing, but we aren't going to release until we're sure.
In the meantime, all of us in the east coast head office are going to "go offline" for a few hours and will post on progress when we return. We'll be emailing shortly everyone waiting for their copy of FTM 2017 to let them know our plans.
To those of you who understand that getting this right is more important than getting it fast -- and have said so sincerely here -- we thank you. We're going to sleep better having stopped the clock, knowing it was the right thing to do.
Watch this space.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Return to General research queries