Moderator Control Panel ]

William RICHARDS b.abt1788 Appleby or Scotterthorpe

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

William RICHARDS b.abt1788 Appleby or Scotterthorpe

Postby Richardsfamhistory » Sun May 18, 2008 3:40 am

My paternal line has almost come to a dead stop at the marriage of WILLIAM RICHARDS and ANN RATTON in the Parish of Scotter, Lincolnshire on 15 June 1813. ANN RATTON, the daughter of Thomas and Ann was baptised in Scotter on 11 July 1791. A baptism entry of a WILLIAM RICHARDS was entered in the Parish of Appleby, Lincolnshire on 26 August 1788 (about 9 miles from Scotter - mother Elizabeth). There is another baptism entry in Appleby on 11 January 1785 for JOSEPH RICHARDS (a possible sibling whose mother was also called Elizabeth). The 1851 Census record for WILLIAM RICHARDS entered his birth place as SCOTTERTHORPE (which is in the Parish of Scotter). He died of English Cholera in Scotterthorpe on 2 November 1860 aged 73 years old.[/align] [/align]What other documents can I research inorder to prove where in fact his parents lived around the time of his birth, Scotterthorpe or Appleby? I want to be sure I'm researching the correct RICHARDS' back into the 18th Century.[/align]
Andy Richards
Richardsfamhistory

Re: William RICHARDS b.abt1788 Appleby or Scotterthorpe

Postby gregbrich » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm also descended from a William Richards born 1788 and death date is shown as 1820. Having some trouble figuring out where he actually comes from.
gregbrich

Postby brunes08 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Have you tried looking at the Lincolnshire County Archives site on lincolnshire.gov.uk? They also have a site on www.lincstothepast.com. I have found them helpful with Lincolnshire ancestors.
brunes08

Postby Amazinggrace » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 am

Don't know where you are but if your within easy reach the Lincolnshire family history centre on
Monks Road in Lincoln are marvellous and so helpful.They are only open Mondays and Sundays.The website is www.lincolnshirefhs.org.uk
Tel.01522 528088
All of my family is scottish with a smattering of irish so haven't used them but my husband is an author
and writes lincolnshire murder mysterys and they have beenso helpful to him.
Grace
Amazinggrace

Postby adrianrichards » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:42 am

My Richards family came from the nearby village of Northorpe then Kirton Lindsey before that.. then i got stuck with John Richards who married there in 1756. Haven't a clue where he came from. I know the Scotter Richards' are connected but have yet to find the connection!
adrianrichards

Return to General research queries