Moderator Control Panel ]

Help with finding a grave Please

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Help with finding a grave Please

Postby chrissclark » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi would anyone kindly be able to help me or point me in the right direction in finding a grave of the following person...

Harriet Edna Harrison Died 18th September 1957 age 51 at Lancaster Moor Hospital of Congestive heart failure her death was registered on the 25th September and the Registrar was a Neville Hurst.

I am trying to locate the grave for Harriets daughter who will be 80 this year as she never knew what happened to her mother after she was admitted to Lancaster moor hospital when she was 2 and she was sent to Leyfield Poor Law School West Derby Liverpool...it is her last wish to visit her mothers grave if at all possible

Any help would be hugely appreciated even if only to find the cemetery where she may be thank you and re foir reading and regards Christine
chrissclark

Re: Help with finding a grave Please

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Most local councils offer a Bereavement Service and if you contact them they should be able to help you. I found this out when I was looking for the death of my mother's brother, who had a very common Welsh name and it was needle in haystack time.

I thought that perhaps, as he was my grandparents first born and died aged 26, that they might have purchased a grave plot and were also buried with him, so wrote to the local council and they put me in touch with their Bereavement Service, who were more than helpful, with information by return of email!

All I requested was could they tell me where my grandparents were married and gave all the information on their respective deaths as I could. It is certainly worth a try and it would be good to know if you get a result as I did.
KayFarndon

Postby meekhcs » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello

I did exactly the same as Kay using Southampton Bereavement Services who have proven to be extremely helpful in confirming Burials and also in confirming current ownerships of Family Plots.
meekhcs

Postby Karen196 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 am

Liverpool records office based in the city library have microfiche records for all Liverpool cemeteries. See if they can help via email. If they narrow it down for you I don't mind going to look on the microfiche for you for the plot etc

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Karen196

Postby KayFarndon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Just had to correct myself, of course in my message it should have said buried, not married! Sorry about that. Like meekhcs I also used Southampton B. Services and they were brilliant.
KayFarndon

Return to General research queries