Moderator Control Panel ]

Family Search website

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Family Search website

Postby barkerh25 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:56 am

Has anyone heard how much longer the Family Search website will be down. It has been over a week now and I'm beginning to wonder if it is a problem on my computer.
barkerh25

Re: Family Search website

Postby Guy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:11 pm

I would check what site you are looking for the old familysearch or the "new" one
https://familysearch.org/ works fine for me
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Guy

Family Search website

Postby Mick Loney » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:22 am

I have noticed that the results page has been acting funny this past week, but a quick refresh usually does this trick. Apart from that, I too have had no trouble accessing it.
Try deleting any cookies associated with the site, it could be causing your problem

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Mick Loney

Re: Family Search website

Postby meekhcs » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 am

I had one day when I couldn't access it at all, but I have checked before writing this message and it is fine.
I have set my laptop to clear my browsing history every session and therefore cookies are automatically cleared. It means I have to put in passwords everytime I open a site but I have far less problems with access.

Sally
meekhcs

Return to Genealogy chat