Moderator Control Panel ]

Searle Whittlesey, Cambs.

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Searle Whittlesey, Cambs.

Postby ianbee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 am

But see Maureen's very important post in Useful Resources
topic14678.html

"FamilySearch will be discontinuing film ordering due to the expense and non-availability of the raw film needed to make copies for circulation. The date is not yet known, but may well be in the next 12 months"

Re Whittlesey St Mary and St Andrew, I don't think the LDS have ever filmed the parish registers.
ianbee

Postby octavius » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Thanks to everyone for your help on this query.
The links to family search were very helpful and I have now set up an account on their website.
Pity about them pulling their films out of National Archives at Kew.

Sent from my SM-T310 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
octavius

Postby wtjc » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Having researched my family I have ascertained
Samuel Searle was born in 1824 in Bourne, Lincolnshire, his father, James, was 29 and his mother, Ann, was 28. He had six sons and two daughters with Charlotte Sergeant between 1845 and 1859. He died in 1890 in Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire, at the age of 66.

James Searle, his father, was born in 1795 in Cambridgeshire. He had four sons and three daughters with Ann Jaggard between 1820 and 1840. They lived st a large farm in Whittlesey.

It sounds like these relations of mine are related. James was my great, great, great grandfather.
Hope this helps
wtjc

Previous

Return to General research queries