Moderator Control Panel ]

Phillip Vassar Hunter of Callenders Cable Co

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Phillip Vassar Hunter of Callenders Cable Co

Postby FadingImages.uk » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:29 pm

If anyone has a Phillip Vassar Hunter CBE of the Callenders Cable Co in their family tree, I have a photograph of his wife, Mrs P V Hunter which I would be pleased to donate free of charge. Difficult to date, probably from the 1920s, the lady is dressed in a shiny silk evening dress. Photographer unknown. Phillip Vassar Hunter b:1884 Emneth Norfolk was an electrical engineer, and Chief Engineer, later Deputy Chairman for Callender's was mentioned in a number of patents held by Callender's Cable and Construction Co Ltd in the 1930s. A series of IEE memorial lectures are still held in his honour. He was a Member of the Council of the IEE. From 1918 until 1925 Hunter and his wife, Helen Maud, lived at 102 Foxley Lane, Coulsdon, Surrey. In WW1 Hunter worked on research in the anti submarine Division of the Admiralty.
FadingImages.uk

Re: Phillip Vassar Hunter of Callenders Cable Co

Postby Terrywoodenpic » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:12 pm

I would be most interested in having a copy of this photograph of my Grandmother, as none exist in the family today. They were separated for many years and PV Hunter remarried on her death.
She had two Daughters, My mother, Sadie Helen and my aunt, Philipa. She had five grand children. To Sadie; Patrick, Dennis and Terence, and to Philipa, Edward and Sam
Perhaps you could let me know how we can arrange this and any costs incurred. by PM
Regards
Terry
Terrywoodenpic

Return to General research queries