Moderator Control Panel ]

Leicestershire electoral registers

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Leicestershire electoral registers

Postby junkers » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 pm

These are impossible to use as you cannot find an address without browsing the entire series, I will give Find My Past 'null points' for this idea.
junkers

Re: Leicestershire electoral registers

Postby AdrianB38 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:45 am

Except that (assuming that I'm looking at the same thing) this is a browse facility, so it's doing exactly what it's designed to do. And should do.

The real question is not, why is there no low level search, it's when is the low level search coming? Certainly those for my home county have both search and browse in whichever collection they are in. Once I've found someone with a detailed search, I tend to swap to the browse for that ward as I learn more that way - it wasn't until browsing that I found that in the period at the end of the First World War, that every ward was covered twice (occasionally thrice) to convey which elections people could vote in.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Re: Leicestershire electoral registers

Postby ksouthall » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:00 pm

Adrian is right to suggest that an index facility will become available. Often the genealogy websites release data with the browse facility as it makes it available to customers sooner and you can strike lucky when browsing the records. It depends on how much time you have to spare.
ksouthall

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat