Moderator Control Panel ]

East India Company records online

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: East India Company records online

Postby Sylcec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:52 am

Am just starting to catch up with messages after 10 days away. Having looked at the BL blog, I see that the new digitisation is by Adam Matthew - rather than being part of the Findmypast collection. This is not the first collection by Adam Matthew Digital to include some historic records from or relating to India. I have in the past used some early Bombay Newspapers (about 1790-1815) included in an AM collection (I think it was 18th century journals) made available by the National Library of Australia to residents with library cards. What would be good to get a look at is a collection from the National Library of Scotland: " India Raj and Empire".

For more info, it is probably best to have a look at the AM website here : http://www.amdigital.co.uk/ . They say, on their home page:
Our award winning collections span the social sciences and humanities and cover a multitude of topics ranging from Medieval family life and Victorian medicine to 1960s pop culture and global politics.

We collaborate with leading libraries and academics to produce powerful research and dynamic teaching collections for universities, colleges and libraries – our editorial mission is to enhance any learning environment.

Anyone interested should browse their catalogue of collections and then check for access through an institution (library, university etc) to which they belong.
Sylvia
Sylcec

Previous

Return to General research queries