Moderator Control Panel ]

Leo Leonard

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Leo Leonard

Postby T S Leonard » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:56 pm

My Uncle Leo Leonard, born in Glasgow Scotland on 6 Mar 1876 emigrated to the USA. He travelled ,I think, on the SS Numidian to Boston in 1908 with his wife - Christian name not known - and his daughters Nora and Mary. My Father William Leonard lost contact some time after the Great War. Are there any descendants of the said Leo Leonard ? I would be interested to hear.
T S Leonard
T S Leonard

Re: Leo Leonard

Postby MoVidger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Do you have a subscription to Ancestry? If so, there are two Public Member Trees for Leo S Leonard and family. You could try contacting the tree owners. There is possibly a living grandchild listed on one of the trees, currently residing in Arizona.

Looks like the family initially went to Wyoming and Colorado, then settled in the Washington DC area from 1920 onwards. Leo's wife was named Annie.
MoVidger

Postby T S Leonard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 am

Thank you. Interesting.
T S Leonard

Postby sdup26 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Colorado State Naturalisation papers show the Leonards arrived in Boston 17/4/1908. There's a description of Leo - occupation accountant, fair complexion, 5 ft 7 ins, 175 lbs, light brown hair, grey eyes. He says they were travelling to Holyoke, Mass, to Mrs Wyse, but their relationship to her isn't stated.

The 1920 census for Washington DC shows Leo, wife Annie Colville Leonard, and children Leonora, Mary (both b Scotland) Thomas and Anna, both b Wyoming, and Ruth and Edna, both born Colorado.

As Mo says, there are family trees on ancestry with a lot more information.
sdup26

Return to General research queries