Moderator Control Panel ]

Terrence Kennedy - where from in Ireland?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Terrence Kennedy - where from in Ireland?

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:10 am

Even with a trio of names (child and both parents) it would be very dangerous to find a baptism and imagine that it must be him. As I recollect, you have no indication where he comes from, so he could easily come from one of the parishes that aren't in the records. In any case, as you say yourself, you can't actually find a Terrance baptism. I know that you said that there was room for him in the 1821-23 gap - I beg to differ - that family, on the evidence in question, doesn't have children in short intervals. My argument is hardly proof, but it does suggest that it's not that plausible.

I appreciate that you said that you were exploring the idea but I have to say that it doesn't strike me as a sound basis, particularly as I have seen no solid analysis of how good the coverage is of RC baptisms.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby shanew147 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 am

The average starting date for Catholic Baptism records in rural parishes is about 1830, so quite likely there would be no baptism record available for Terence.
shanew147

Postby PaulH01 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks for the last two comments - looks like I probably need to put that theory to bed, then.
It looks like I'll not find it in that case.
PaulH01

Previous

Return to General research queries