Moderator Control Panel ]

Squadron Leader P H Rebbeck - Have You Seen The Original?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Squadron Leader P H Rebbeck - Have You Seen The Original?

Postby eurogordi » Sat May 10, 2008 3:43 am

The attached photo is copied from a 1940 newspaper and shows Squadron Leader Peter Henry Rebbeck in full ceremonial dress. Peter was my mother-in-law's third cousin.

Although it's probably a very remote chance, I'm just wondering whether anyone has seen the original of this picture as it is just possible that it might have been purchased by a collector of military memorabilia.

If it still does survive, my family would love to have a copy made if the current owner were willing to arrange this (for appropriate reimbursement of course).

Many thanks.
Gordon

[image]local://67/3EA13E29FEAF428B93D66548666EEAB8.jpg[/image]
eurogordi

RE: Squadron Leader P H Rebbeck - Have You Seen The Original?

Postby mrsaverage40s » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 pm

If you want the photo 'tidied up', I've found that Roots Chat at [link=http://www.rootschat.com]www.rootschat.com[/link] have very helpful volunteers who will restore photos for you (helpful if you cannot get another copy). It is all free of charge, as it is an online community like this one, who all try to help one another. Cheers.
mrsaverage40s

RE: Squadron Leader P H Rebbeck - Have You Seen The Original?

Postby keomike » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:00 am

Peter's widow was my godmother. The family have a copy of the original photograph.

Mike

[image]local://1143/2A204AAC1CEE4198964BA0AC694A2BF8.jpg[/image]
keomike

Return to Photo identification