Moderator Control Panel ]

Forum search?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Forum search?

Postby MikeF3261 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi everyone. I've just joined the forums, but am a long time researcher.

Is there a function on the app to search for names, locations, keywords etc within the various posts? I can't see one and was going to log it as a suggestion to WDYTYA as it seems a major oversight to me, but wanted to check first I wasn't missing a menu option somewhere.

It seems odd to me that you can't search for names that others are interested in, like on other sites/forums, instead having to scroll through realm of posts to see if anyone is on the same research path as you.

Thanks M

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
MikeF3261

Re: Forum search?

Postby MichaelSS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 pm

I use my phone and at the bottom of the screen is three dots in vertical, this is a menu and does have a search icon in it.

Don't know if this is what you are referring to or not.

Sent from my E6790TM using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
MichaelSS

Postby MaureenE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

There are five Forum categories.

When I click on a Forum, such as this one, General research queries, there is a Search displayed above the topics listed. (I use a desktop computer, not a phone, perhaps the configuration differs.)

Cheers
Maureen
MaureenE

Postby MikeF3261 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:23 am

Thanks both. I was being stupid. On iPad you have to pull the screen right down to access a search bar at the top of the page (it doesn't scroll down with the page, so when you start scrolling through entries you lose the access).

All sorted!

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
MikeF3261

Return to General research queries