Moderator Control Panel ]

Publication date?

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Publication date?

Postby alanstewart » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I live in Bedford, and my local branch of WH Smith still hasn't received the magazine. Is 25 September just the date subscribers receive it? Bedford is only 50 miles from London, after all. When can I expect to be able to buy the mag?

Alan
[align=left] [/align]
alanstewart

RE: Publication date?

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:40 pm

I'm not a subscriber but I managed to buy the magazine at WH Smiths - perhaps you need to try another branch of Smiths. Had the shop sold out? Did you ask the staff at the shop if they had the magazine - sometimes they have extra copies in the back room.

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby alanstewart » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:10 pm

I asked at the shop's customer services (Bedford WH Smith) on Tuesday 25 September, then I phoned up yesterday, and again today (Thursday). On each occasion, they checked and told me the magazine hadn't been delivered yet. That branch has a comprehensive selection of magazines, including those published by the BBC.

Best, Alan
[align=left] [/align]
alanstewart

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:13 am

Hi Alan,

Been in two WH Smith Stores today (Lakeside and Bluewater) both had plenty of WDYTYA magazines so it sounds like your store is at fault or their supplier has let them down.

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby eurogordi » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Try another shop! In my experience of WH Smith there are huge inconsistencies across their branches between the books and magazines that are stocked. Although I'm receiving WDYTYA by subscription, I did notice that my local WH Smith (Romsey) didn't have it stocked, but the independent newsagent opposite did.
eurogordi

Postby sparrow hawk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 am

I have been told numerous times by staff in my local WH Smith's that it is up to the local manager what they stock so if yours does not have any magazine, complain to the Head office via e-mail, I did once about another magazine and it is always in stock now.
But I say try another shop nearby.
sparrow hawk
sparrow hawk

Postby Ken Green » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:43 pm

I didn't even know the magazine existed, I was just browsing in my local WH Smith (Watford) yesterday and happen to see it on the shelf.
regards
Ken
Ken Green

Postby PinkVamp » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Although I receive my magazine in the post , I am quite surprised then i go to the magazine racks in most stores and supermarkets.

My husband wanted a computer magazine in a large national supermarket. I thought I would see what family history mag were out but there were none although a huge selection of magazines for other interests.

Family History is becoming increasely popular so it certainly seems a huge error by the the supermarkets not to stock such magazines .

Subscription is definitely a good idea if you love this magazines !

PinkVamp

Postby Simon in Bucks » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:50 am

I got a mention on Page 7 - Issue 2 !!!! Yet to read the whole magazine thing yet - weekend probably.
Simon in Bucks

Postby Northy18 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:03 pm

I found it on sale in my local Tescos!
Emma
Northy18

Next

Return to Magazine chat