Moderator Control Panel ]

William Henry Stanley - 1851 Woolwich, Kent

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: William Henry Stanley - 1851 Woolwich, Kent

Postby ltough80 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:35 pm

That is definitely helpful! I did start to look at the links between Reginald, Henry Edward and Emily at the weekend but I had not managed to establish the relationship so thank you for your help.

I re-visited the certificate for Kate Jones that I received at the weekend - the Guildford 1874 birth. She is in fact the daughter of Henry Jones (brother to Emily) and his wife Martha (nee Toffield) rather than Emily herself. It must have been an error on the census that described Kate as a Stanley and linked her to Emily as a result.

Henry and Martha seem to have moved from Spalding to London and Surrey, where they had several children. I think Harry Jones who is listed as a Grandchild in one of the Spalding returns is Kate's brother.

Still no connection to William Henry Stanley yet through Emily's link to the Stanley family. I have found a person of the same name living with grandparents - Robert Stanley, a Sail Maker from Sheerness. This person was born in Greenwich in 1856 according to the record so is the closest I can find. The Stanley family in Sheerness were also Methodist but not sure if this is just coincidental.....
ltough80

Re: William Henry Stanley - 1851 Woolwich, Kent

Postby ltough80 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Hello All,

Just to update, I have found William Henry Keeble (born 1851 in Woolwich) living with William Henry Stanley's daughter Beatrice (unmarried) and Granddaughter Beatrice Lilian on the 1939 register. Looking at this William, he seems to have been a Licensed Victualler who was married to a lady named Rebecca until 1916 (which I think is her death record - certificate pending).

In 1916, shortly after the death of Rebecca, there is a marriage between a Kate Jones and William Henry Keeble. I have ordered the certificate for this, but I think William Henry Stanley and William Henry Keeble could be the same person.

I have also checked the probate records for William Henry Keeble and this was granted to Beatrice Stanley, so they were definitely connected somehow.

Will let you know if I find anything else
ltough80

Previous

Return to General research queries