Moderator Control Panel ]

1939 Register update

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Re: 1939 Register update

Postby maxine tallon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Ian

you're correct Ellen wasn't at home in 1939 I had forgotten she had a daughter Alma, my mother was bridesmaid at Alma's wedding,I have a photo somewhere,
my grandmother was at home though "Hannah Elizabeth Messer" together with my aunt Lilian Mary May Messer and my mother Eileen Nancy Messer, she was born in 1917 so will be redacted. Still doesn't answer the mystery of why a big chunk of Farrant Street is blacked out or missing.

Ellen was known as "Aunt Nid" short for Nellie Iddenham. I had thought she lived at 31 until she died although I was wrong, I remember her being there one week and then gone and assumed she had died, I've never looked into her family before.

maxine
maxine tallon

Postby ksouthall » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Just catching up on last week's posts...

nzgenz wrote:Updated records - Lucky you to have records open automatically. I've been waiting patiently for my father's 100th birthday (2 December) to come and go, and for his National Survey record to be opened. As he is not living with his family on the 1939, I had no idea where he might be.

I waited for a record to be opened for a couple of weeks and found that I had actually missed it because the name had been transcribed as something else and my relative was not staying where I was expecting her to be.

This was nor due to a fault by FMP as the handwriting was hard to read so easily mistaken

This could be the case with your father's record - assuming he is on the 1939 Register. As it's not the same as a regular census, if people were out of the country at the time, would they have been omitted from the register then added at a later date? If added at a later date, would they all be on a separate register?
ksouthall

Postby AdrianB38 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Re later additions - see my post on this thread http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14429

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby ksouthall » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:25 pm

AdrianB38 wrote:Re later additions - see my post on this thread http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14429

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app

Thanks Adrian. I've just read it. I replied to an earlier post in the thread before reading all the messages. I guess the websites can't actually correct errors in the records as they are the original records although I suppose they could add comments, like they do in Ancestry, so records are easier to find.
ksouthall

Previous

Return to Genealogy chat