Moderator Control Panel ]

Military unit help

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Military unit help

Postby jacob_barnes » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:51 pm

I am looking for information as to the regiment of an Albert Andrews (1950's) with a service number 4610155 rank private ACC
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 am

Military unit help

Postby plf99 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:49 pm

For a soldier who served during the 1950s, you would have to apply for his service records via the Ministry of Defence.

Link can be found here: ... s/overview

I applied for my grandfathers service records, who also served during the 1950s, using this service and discovered a wealth of information, of which I had no idea about before applying.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:02 am

Re: Military unit help

Postby jeffward » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:25 pm

In my time in the forces,1950s, ACC meant Army Catering Corps.
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Return to Military help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests