Moderator Control Panel ]

PM stuck in Outbox

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

PM stuck in Outbox

Postby MoVidger » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:51 pm

A couple of PM's I've tried to send have been stuck in my Outbox. One PM has been stuck since Wednesday morning; the other had been there a couple of months (I've since deleted it). The latter PM was to a distant relative.

Is it a technical glitch with my messages? Is there anything I can do to shift the stuck PM on its way?

Many thanks for any assistance provided.
MoVidger

Re: PM stuck in Outbox

Postby KayFarndon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 pm

I seem to have had one stuck in the outbox since 2013, so you are not alone.
KayFarndon

Postby MoVidger » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Perhaps I'll delete yesterday's PM and try to send it again.
MoVidger

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:41 pm

MoVidger wrote:A couple of PM's I've tried to send have been stuck in my Outbox. One PM has been stuck since Wednesday morning; the other had been there a couple of months (I've since deleted it). The latter PM was to a distant relative.

Is it a technical glitch with my messages? Is there anything I can do to shift the stuck PM on its way?

Many thanks for any assistance provided.

Hi MoVidger,

I believe that messages are only removed from your Outbox and into 'Sent' once they have actually been read by the recipient. Sorry about this – I know it's not particularly clear.

If you like, I could always pass on your message to the person via their email address? Send me a PM or contact me at jon.bauckham@immediate.co.uk if you'd like me to do this.

Best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Technical help