Moderator Control Panel ]

Missing family

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Missing family

Postby KayFarndon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:45 pm

I have a letter which was sent to a family member, but I have no idea who the sender was and am hoping someone might recognise the names.

The letter is signed, Aunt Emma [this might of course be an honorary aunt rather than a blood relation] who speaks about Cathie, Ruby, Jack who has a son Christopher, Arthur who has a baby girl and whose father appears to be named Horace, who has another son about to do his National Service.

There is no date or envelope, but I am guessing it must have been sent in the 1950's. There is an address which I will not give out, but it is Hampshire. If anyone would like to contact me then I would ask them to send me a private message please. I am not looking to form any relationship, mainly to discover who these people are and if they fit into our family tree.
KayFarndon

Re: Missing family

Postby SoozOne » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:54 am

This is possibly a long shot Kay. Have you thought of writing to that address, setting out your question as you've done here? If the original writer is no longer there its possible the current residents might know of them, have a surname you can follow up.

Sent from my iPod touch using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Postby KayFarndon » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:10 am

Thank you SoozOne, that is on the 'to do' list, but as always I try here first.
KayFarndon

Postby LynA » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Have you been able to see what family is living at this address on the 1939 register? Perhaps some names might match.
LynA

Postby KayFarndon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Good idea LynA, thank you.
KayFarndon

Return to General research queries