Moderator Control Panel ]

Probate record, but no death registration?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Probate record, but no death registration?

Postby pete25 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:59 pm

We were asked if we had 'a similar experience' so added my experience.
Cheers,

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby Mick Loney » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:07 pm

I had similar problem to Pete25, with one of my 'Moore' 2'GGfathers. With such a common surname I'd almost given up locating correct one, until I spotted a death certificate image someone had attached to their Ancestry Tree. I noticed that the informant's name and address were those of my greatgrandmother, so I was able to tie him into my tree with a great deal of confidence. Without that happy chance, I think I'd still be looking today. Motto: never give up hope, something always turns up eventually.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
Mick Loney

Postby MoVidger » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Many thanks to everyone for their help, especially ianbee. With his 1945 Electoral Roll find, it is now confirmed that my Georgina is the 1980 death in question. From the probate record, I'm curious as to where her £8510 came from! :shock: Husband Frederick didn't have any job of particular note, as per the 1939 Register and their 1933 marriage record. No one in my family knew what Georgina did for a living (before or after this marriage). She was a real "mystery lady".

Interestingly, some distant relatives' family trees have Georgina's year of death as 1975. But I knew for definite it was circa 1980 because I remember the letter my granny received at the time (mentioning Georgina's passing).

Now if I could only find her in the 1911 census (as per my other thread "Robert & Georgina Worrell"). It makes me question if I will locate her in the 1921 census, whenever it is released. I still find it amusing that Georgina ended up just a stone's throw from where her father Robert grew up. Being from Aldershot, I wonder if she knew the significance of her final address?

I wonder who Isabel M. Pine was -- living with Georgina in 1965? Sounds like I will need to do some research on her, in case it sheds any further light on Georgina.
MoVidger

Previous

Return to General research queries