Moderator Control Panel ]

She diappeared! Please Can you help Please?

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

She diappeared! Please Can you help Please?

Postby mjcosj » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Matilda Bloomer SUCH - Williams -Simpson- Slater
Born 17 Nov 1815 in Moat Row, Birmingham Warwickshire to William and Matilda Such .
Christened 31 May 1816

Matilda Bloomer Such gives birth to Barbara Such born 2.7.1841 Christened 20.6.1842 she is a single woman

She gives birth to Fanny Such 1.4.1844 d of Matilda Bloomer Such a single woman

She then gives birth to Matilda Williams born 19th January 1849 7.2.1849 St Martins daughter of William and Matilda WILLIAMS a traveler Gt Charles St private baptism. The couple appear to be living at 46 Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham when this birth is registered.

The 1851 Census reveals her three Children now sharing the surname WILLIAMS being fostered in Aston by a couple from Leicestershire.

She is then found in the 1851 census as Matilda B Such an unmarried woman living with her father.

I cannot find Matilda anywhere in the 1841 census.
I cannot find a Marriage for William Williams or a Simpson (possible Irish connection).
Simpson is obviously important since the 1861 Census reveals the four females residing in Wolverhampton under the surname Simpson and Matilda is shown as a Widow.

Matilda then marries, aged 59, a Samuel Slater of Bradley.

She appears to end her days in Kinver as a governess.

What a Mystery!
Can anyone suggest where I should look for an answer?

Many thanks.
Mike
mjcosj

Return to General research queries