Moderator Control Panel ]

WW1 Football

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

WW1 Football

Postby Annie08 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:46 am

Hi
Thought you all might like to see this photo. The text on the left hand side is self-explanatory. My Grandfather, William Ashdown is seated front left. He served with the 56th Field Ambulance which was in the 18th (Eastern) Division of the New Army (Kitcheners' Army). (War diaries for this company are under ref. WO 95/2030 at Kew).

I sent a copy of this photo to the RAMC Museum some years ago, and let them have a copy. They told me there used to be a rivalry for sport between the companies stationed at Salisbury Plain and, as he had played before being called up, would have been keen to play for his Company. The colour band worn by most of the team in the photograph would indicate his team from the others.

I'd love to find out who any of the other men in the photo are or here of any other sporting stories from WW1 at Salisbury Plain.

Annie08
Annie08

RE: WW1 Football

Postby photographwit.com » Wed May 07, 2008 10:40 pm

HAVE YOURSELF!!!!! STOOD WITH ANCESTORS!
OR FOR MORE SERIOUS HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPH RESTORATION/ MANIPULATION/MONTAGE WORK/ENLARGING/ENHANCING ETC!!!
GO TO:www.photographwit.com

[8|]
www.photographwit.com
photographwit.com

Return to Photo identification