Moderator Control Panel ]

Broken link to Forum page

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Broken link to Forum page

Postby Will_G » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:00 pm

I don't think I'm the only person who will have noticed this, but I'm reporting it just in case!

When using the Forum, the 'Forum' button on the top banner (i.e. the banner which reads Home|Magazine|Forum|News|TV Series|Getting Started|Tutorials|Blogs|Events) is linked to the URL http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forums

This link takes you to a 'Page not found' page.

The correct link http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum only appears in the banner occasionally. For example, if you view the forum search results page then click 'Forum', it takes you to a 'page not found' page, as it uses the incorrect link. If you then click 'Forum' again from the 'page not found' page, it takes you to the correct forum page, as it uses the correct link.

Seems like it should be an easy fix?
Will_G

Re: Broken link to Forum page

Postby Will_G » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Just to clarify - this is from the desktop version of the website. Windows 10 using Chrome as a browser.
Will_G

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 am

Hi Will,

Thanks for this – it's an incorrect link that we've been aware of for a while. It doesn't appear to be something that I'm able to fix myself, so it's on the "to-do" list for our colleagues in the digital team downstairs.

There's been a change in staff recently, but I'll give them another nudge and ask to fix it asap.

Best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Will_G » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:24 pm

How is this not fixed yet?...
Will_G

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Will_G wrote:How is this not fixed yet?...

Hi Will,

I thought that this had been fixed too – seems like such a simple problem (a case of deleting an 's'). The magazine team doesn't actually have the necessary access permissions to tweak things like this, so we always have to ask the Immediate Media digital team to do it on our behalf (we're clearly not to be trusted).

It was on a big list of bugs/fixes I sent them back in September, but I'll send them an email now and get back to you with their response.

Apologies again for any inconvenience.

Best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:55 am

Hi Will,

I am pleased to confirm that this has now finally been fixed.

Best,
Jon
Jon Bauckham

Return to Technical help