Moderator Control Panel ]

Canadian / British Family Member dead-end!

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Canadian / British Family Member dead-end!

Postby ianbee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi
Yes, it is sad.
William also seems to be at the Hanwell school in 1891.
There is a workhouse admission of father Richard and some of the children in 1888. It seems that Richard senior was still alive in 1890 when the children go back in the workhouse.
Usually it's the death of one or both parents, or desertion, that could lead to something like this. The family may have hit hard times, possibly caused by illness, or split up.
I haven't actually yet found either parent dying before 1891. If they were still around I haven't located them!
Ian
ianbee

Postby lostsister » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Hello Again Urchin,
Marnie's grandfather was Charles A Maguire, married to Mary Jane Magee,....definitely the fellow whose attestation papers you posted. She has the same picture you posted. She will research her materials to see what additional artifacts she may have.

Bill T
lostsister

Postby Urchin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:51 pm

lostsister wrote:Hello Again Urchin,
Marnie's grandfather was Charles A Maguire, married to Mary Jane Magee,....definitely the fellow whose attestation papers you posted. She has the same picture you posted. She will research her materials to see what additional artifacts she may have.

Bill T

Hi Bill! This is Rachel, Marnie is my aunt! She gave me that photo :D
Urchin

Previous

Return to General research queries