Moderator Control Panel ]

1960's adoptions

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: 1960's adoptions

Postby rainbowchimp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks every one
rainbowchimp

Re: 1960's adoptions

Postby AdrianB38 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

And I may be blundering in but.... This isn't really a family history question is it? This is about you and the addressee of that letter I suggest. Suppose you did find something from research without involving them... Would that make your relationship with the addressee better or worse? You need to think about that first.

Sent from my MotoG3 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
Adrian
AdrianB38

1960's adoptions

Postby SoozOne » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 am

Either way if you continue to investigate someone is going to be upset. Either with the outcome, or most likely getting wind of your search behind their back. I surmise your parent is getting on in age, you don't want to leave it too late, then wish otherwise.
Why don't you take a deep breath, mention the letter then ask direct and get it over with.
(And yes I know just how sensitive this is, and how many deeply unhappy memories the past can hold. But bringing it out in the open can also be a great healer. My eldest child was adopted against my wishes also in the 60s. We have since made contact. I deeply regret the lost years.)

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
SoozOne

Previous

Return to General research queries