Moderator Control Panel ]

James Mcgregor Fraser (1832-1908)

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

James Mcgregor Fraser (1832-1908)

Postby Kkgirl7 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 pm

I need help finding the parents of James M Fraser (1832-1908) from Nova Scotia. He was married to Emily J Aldrich, daughter of Nathan and Harriet Aldrich, and they had two children in San Diego, California: Guy and Ella Harriet. So far I have found their names as John and Margaret Fraser, but I would like to find some more information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already been on numerous sites and the only records I can find have been after his immigration to the US around the 1850s.
Last edited by Kkgirl7 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kkgirl7

Re: James Mcgregor Fraser (1832-1908)

Postby brunes08 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:03 pm

I have just had a look on familysearch.org. If you go onto the site and enter basic details of James, up comes a lot of records for that name. However, if you keep scrolling through them, you will come to James McG Fraser - as indexed - in voter registrations for Ballena, San Diego, plus other records. I do not know if you have done this but it may be worth a good rummage. Family Search has a lot of records now on line for the USA that I hadn't seen before.
brunes08

Re: James Mcgregor Fraser (1832-1908)

Postby MayHam » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi~
I presume you have already seen this biography on pages 767-768 listing John Mcgregor Fraser's parents as John Fraser and Margaret Fraser as well as a sister, Kate Wagner, of Nova Scotia.
"A history of California and an extended history of its southern coast counties, also containing biographies of well-known citizens of the past and present, Vol. 1," James Miller Guinn, 1907.

John and Margaret were apparently both from West River, Pictou County at the time of their marriage on 27 December 1821 by the Rev. Donald Allen Fraser of McLellan Mountain.

He may be the same John Fraser who was an elder at St. Luke's Presbyterian, Salt Springs. They may have more information.

I'm guessing James' sister, Kate, married Robert Wagner in French River either September 1862 or 7 September 1863. They had at least four children.
MayHam

Return to General research queries