Moderator Control Panel ]

Result: File to Large ! - Help !!

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Result: File to Large ! - Help !!

Postby oaktree » Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 pm

What do I do, all I keep getting is : Result: File to Large ! - Help !!

OAKTREE
oaktree

RE: Result: File to Large ! - Help !!

Postby Annie08 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:06 am

Hi, not sure if it will help but I ended up re-scanning my photo and going into the Advance Mode on my Scanner and altering the output settings. I shrunk the output size and as I did this I watched the data size automatically strink, it gave me control over the eventual size of the photo and enabled me to download onto the Forum - hope that makes sense and works for you.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Mon May 05, 2008 12:23 am

Hi Oak Tree,

The file may be too large because many scanners don't automatically scan to .jpeg format (which is a compressed file). In other words .jpeg or .jpg are smaller files. Your scanner may be scanning to Bitmap (.bmp or .tiff) which can be larger.

However you shoud be able to easily convert them to .jpg format with your image editing software.

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby Annie08 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:13 am

Hi,
I agree - my scanner, as I'm sure others do has a drop down arrow once I've gone into 'save as' and I can save in a number of different formats. I tend to scan to .jpeg too as they are smaller.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby photographwit » Wed May 07, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi,

I restore; enhance and manipulate photos (new or old!) for a living. My advice would be to scan image in as large as poss,... (to maintain quality), then inPhotoshop (if you have it?!?) you can change the size easily ,.. ie make bigger/smaller etc etc. If I can be of any more help, ... photographwit.com

Regards,

PHOTOGRAPHWIT.[8|]
photographwit.com
photographwit

Postby oaktree » Fri May 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Hello I have them in jpg format now, but still telling me File To Large

Why is it so hard ? I have sent photos via email before, but can't get this to work !!!!!!

OAKTREE
oaktree

Return to Photo identification