Moderator Control Panel ]

Transcription Error

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Transcription Error

Postby kdeering75 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:42 pm

I can't tell what the names are and I've tried to figure it out.

I can read Joseph G Charles Henri Melbr but the parents are listed as Joseph ?? and Yvonne Muller.

I'm certain it's a transcription error but staring at it doesn't work lol. If you click on the image, the full size will open.
kdeering75

Re: Transcription Error

Postby Sylcec » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 pm

I think the surname is Meller or Muller. The mother is Yvonne Muller. The initial letter of father Joseph's name looks more like a K, but wonder if it should also be Muller.

Your screen shot does not show the full record. It would have been easier to deal with - particularly for a non-native French speaker - to have been able to view the whole record. Are you able to download it and then attach the downloaded record?
Sylcec

Postby kdeering75 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:47 pm

kdeering75

Postby kdeering75 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:50 pm

I was thinking based on the Godmother's surname that mother's surname is was Miller as you will see on the record.

The boys middle name where I thought it was a G. is the Godfather's name.

My biggest issues is the father's name is Joseph but I can't read the last name but is not "Melbr". I don't see it. It looks like a V but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Kelly

Sylcec wrote:I think the surname is Meller or Muller. The mother is Yvonne Muller. The initial letter of father Joseph's name looks more like a K, but wonder if it should also be Muller.

Your screen shot does not show the full record. It would have been easier to deal with - particularly for a non-native French speaker - to have been able to view the whole record. Are you able to download it and then attach the downloaded record?
kdeering75

Postby kdeering75 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:25 am

after taking a second look mother actually Joanne Muller or Miller...?
kdeering75

Postby ksouthall » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:51 am

Were there any siblings? If so, do you have similar records for them that you could post? It may be easier to work it out with other handwriting to compare it to.
ksouthall

Postby Sylcec » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:48 pm

I agree that the problem is with the father's surname, which surely must be the same as the infant's surname, as he is the legitimate child of his parents.

Am I right in understanding that both father and godfather are journalists? If so, there may be some other source of checking their names.

I think one of the major problems in this record is that the handwriting of the scribe is not consistent - e.g. when you look at the godmother's name, it is represented as Muller, yet she signs as Miller. It makes me ask, how many other misleading or wrong words are in the record. On balance though, I still think the name you are looking for is Miller.
Sylcec

Postby jimbo50 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:09 am

Hiya. I think the record is for a ' Miller - Joseph Gaudios Charles Henri'
The name Faucker has quite a mention on ancestry.
Gaudios Faucker ?
jimbo50

Postby jimbo50 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:54 am

I should have added godfather, Louis Georges Gaudios Faucker was the uncle of the child.
Not sure now re Miller. There are lots of i's dotted but not over the apparently u's.
Emerilda Miller is godmother and wife of the godfather.
Is the mother's name Yvonne Miller/Muller ?
jimbo50

Return to General research queries