Moderator Control Panel ]

Northumberland - Furlonger & Davison

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Postby Leally36 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:15 am

According to my research and evidence sourced my 3 x Great grandparents were:

Henry Furlonger (b. 1823 in London and d. 1884 in Alnwick).

Elizabeth Davison was his first wife (b. 1827 although I have no concrete evidence and d. 1855 in Alnwick - unfortunately her birth certificate did not cite her parents. I have come to a brick wall unless I have a guess and pick George and Sarah although there are 2 sets of this family.

Henry was a servant at Alnwick castle for 48 years. I initially had some confusion re his parents and I hope now I am on the correct path with his parents being Jacob Furlonger (an optical turner) and Anne Stratton although that's as far as I can go.
If this is correct they had 3 other children Anne Jane (b. 1821), William (b. 1825), John (b. 1828)

I have been informed that Henry and Elizabeth married over the border at Lamberton Tolls but have not secured any evidence.

As I live in Australia I am disadvantaged in not being able to attend any of the services in England.

Any help with taking down the brick wall with Henry and Elizabeth's families would be much appreciated.

Leanne
Leally36

Re: Northumberland - Furlonger & Davison

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Posted on incorrect board – moving to General Research Queries
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby brunes08 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:52 pm

In case you haven't seen it, the 1841 census shows a young Henry Furlonger on the staff of the Syon Park estate in SW London - this being the London home of the Dukes of Northumberland - Alnwick being the main estate. This is presumably why Henry moved so far north from his birthplace as this was clearly a very good opportunity for him. Syon Park is on the banks of the River Thames opposite The Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew.
brunes08

Re: Northumberland - Furlonger & Davison

Postby Leally36 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:40 am

THANKYOU so much. In fact I have missed including the 1841 census for my collection as at the time I wasn't 100% sure if it was the correct Henry; but now I can see that it fits perfectly
Leally36

Return to General research queries