Moderator Control Panel ]

Where to obtain 19 century cerificates

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Where to obtain 19 century cerificates

Postby stefano » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:41 am

I have found a marriage between Cecilia Cassell and charles Brewer in Ireland in 1863. That could be my 3rd great grandfather marriage. I just don't know how I can get the certificate without too much hassle. Is there a site?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
stefano

Re: Where to obtain 19 century cerificates

Postby shanew147 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:45 am

If you've found the references on the civil BMD Index then you can use these to order a research marriage cert from the GRO costing €4 - see option 1 at this link

edit :

Name : Charles Brewer
Event Type : Marriage
Registration Year : 1863
Registration District : Dublin South
Volume : 5 / Page : 318

A matching entry appears for Cecilia Cassell

A partial extract of the marriage appears on FamilySearch, which gives their father's names, and also a location of St. Peter's, this is a civil & Church of Ireland Parish which covers parts of South Dublin City and County.

St. Peter's Church of Ireland records are included on the free IrishGenealogy website and has both a transcript and image of the marriage of Charles and Cecilia. (A church of Ireland record of marriage from this time is the same format and has the same details as a civil record)
shanew147

Return to General research queries