Moderator Control Panel ]

William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) 1828

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) 1828

Postby Edwina » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:10 am

Help please - seeking information on William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) married 1828. Emma was born in Dursley Gloucestershire.
ECC
Edwina

RE: William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) 1828

Postby margaretabram » Thu May 01, 2008 12:00 am

I'm not quite sure what information you are seeking or what you already have.

According to the IGI Ema (Emma) Harvey baptised Dursley Glos 12 Mar 1809, father Thomas Harvey and mother Anne Dauncey. She was one of five children baptised to these parents between 1804 and 1811 in Dursley.

William Heath baptised 9 Aug 1807 in Dursley Glos, son of Jacob and Ann Harvey (who appear with the family in the 1841 census). He was one of nine children baptised naming these parents in Dursley between 1792 and 1810. You will find this information on [link=http://www.familysearch.org]www.familysearch.org[/link].

Emma appears in all censuses from 1841 to 1881. The family moved around a bit because of William's job on the railway, but started out and ended up in Dursley. Emma had 5 children in the 1841 census, I think, and six in the 1851 census.

There is a death on [link=http://www.ancestry.co.uk]www.ancestry.co.uk[/link] for a William Heath in Dursley in 1868. I cannot find a death in Dursley for Emma, but she disappears after the 1881 census. Emma is described at various times as a shopkeeper, a contractor's wife, a former nurse and a former laundress, so she led a varied life.

I hope this information is reasonably accurate as I cannot see any other matches.
Mags
margaretabram

RE: William & Emma Heath (nee Harvey) 1828

Postby Edwina » Thu May 01, 2008 2:30 am

Thank you so much for the information, some of this information is known, I am in possesion of the Heath family bible, having for many years been interested in my family history & have dipped in & out of research when time permitted but now intend to do an in depth study. Your information has confirmed some of my findings, thank you again.
Regards
Edwina
ECC
Edwina

Return to General research queries