Moderator Control Panel ]

Opening records from the 1939 Register

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Opening records from the 1939 Register

Postby JaneyH » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 am

I know that FMP are updating records available through the 1939 Register on a regular basis. I was just curious if anyone knew how regularly, and how quickly after the 100th anniversary of someone's birth this occurs. My grandmother was born 100 years ago later this month, and it would be good to view her record. (There's a closed record in the household in the right place that I expect to be her.) I don't need it for research purposes - it's just nice to make a link between historical sources and ancestors that I knew in real life.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Re: Opening records from the 1939 Register

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:22 am

I think I remember reading that the updates are done very regularly - at least weekly.

Having said that, I'm not actually sure what those updates are. Cross-checking to death certificate indexes is one possible update - but I don't understand how they can be getting updates from the GRO, so that may have been a 1-off run.

I presume that the remembered text meant updating to remove redactions from the index and from the images. So I'm cautiously optimistic that the answer is within the week and possibly even the day after her nominal 100th birthday.
Adrian
AdrianB38

Re: Opening records from the 1939 Register

Postby JaneyH » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Many thanks, Adrian. It's purely for sentimental reasons, but I'll make a note to check in early August.

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Return to Genealogy chat