Moderator Control Panel ]

Verquier family history

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Verquier family history

Postby ChristineS » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:35 am

Have private messaged you email address :)
ChristineS

Re: Verquier family history

Postby ChristineS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:39 am

As a follow up to this story.

The Marsh family and Louise, have been found in the 1848 Census of St. Pierre, Pas-de-Calais, France.
Residence: Rue des Quartre Coins, Section D, St. Pierre, Pas-de-Calais, France Isaac: (worker of tulle) with children : Thomas, age 14 : James, age 12 : Sarah, age 10 : Robert, age 6 : Isaac, age 3 Also Louise Verqueerey (sic) age 24 (domestic)

So it appears that Louise was working with the family before going with them to England and marrying Isaac which we did suspect. We now have 4 spellings of her name :shock: It is doubtful if we will ever find any trace of her family. I have done a Ancestry DNA test and have a 3% French result but not so on any other family connections who have also done a test. From my result I have not established any matches from any French lineages. Although DNA testing is illegal in France at the moment I had hoped to establish perhaps a French Canadian match.

Also discovered in the Pas-de-Calais archives is the death of Isaac's first wife Ann.
06 Aug 1844 • St. Pierre, Pas-de-Calais, France
Summary of record : Ann died at home : 60, Rue des Quatre Coins, Section F, St Pierre, Pas-de-Calais, France. Ann is recorded as a tulle worker, cause of death not recorded. There is also a newspaper record of her death located at the Calais town hall.

Also found in the Pas-de-Calais archives, the birth record of Isaac born 1843 to Isaac and Ann Wood
Summary of record: Isaac was born at home 60, Rue des Quatre Coins, Section F, St Pierre, Pas-de-Calais, France.

These records are freely available to search for on the Pas-de-Calais archives if people wish to verify.

I hope by putting this information up that it will solve some of people's queries around the mystery of Ann's death etc. Yes she did die but it was probably not from a fall as some people have thought, more likely a result of complications of childbirth or some other malady of the day, and she died in St. Pierre, Calais, France. Young Isaac was in fact born as the record shows in St. Pierre, Calais, France. And Louise Verquire? is still an unknown. Definitely born in France and possibly in the Calais area and the correctly spelling of her name may never be found. So the Ancestry transcription in the 1851 Census for birth place of both Louise and young Isaac as definitely incorrect.

If anyone has any further queries you are welcome to send me a message or check out the public tree I have just started on Ancestry which has all the sources etc.

C
ChristineS

Previous

Return to General research queries