Moderator Control Panel ]

WW1 Uniform

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Re: WW1 Uniform

Postby AdrianB38 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Re the Army Service Records as a separate database - I simply can't remember for sure but I have an idea that FMP didn't distinguish between the Burnt and so-called Pension papers before. Now the list of results does give the WO reference that distinguishes the 2. I hope this is an output only change as FMP was useful in that you could search both sets of papers in one go, unlike Ancestry, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

I found the Stanley Gilman papers from the top level military screen so not sure what it's like below.

Sent from my MotoG3
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby Pam Phillips » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:24 am

Ian and Adrian,
Thank you so much for all your help. A much clearer picture of Stanley has emerged. Ny daughter-in-law is thrilled.
Regards Pam
Pam Phillips

Postby Rickycannon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi my name is ricky I am Stanley t gilman grandson so Stanley snr would of been my great grandfather. I am very interested in what you find and you may be interested what my aunt jill gilman has. She had been tracing our family tree back generations. Hope this reaches you
Rickycannon

Previous

Return to Military help