Moderator Control Panel ]

Best online photo storage

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Best online photo storage

Postby paulcwillis » Mon May 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Dear all,

Where is the best place to store family images online? At the moment most of mine are on Google Photos (mainly to take advantage of the free 115Gb storage I have with them), but I also have some in DropBox (limited storage).

However, Google Photos has very limited functionality when it comes to tagging photos or storing in folders/albums.

SO - where, in your experience is the best site to store your digital photos?

Paul
paulcwillis

Re: Best online photo storage

Postby richardmalia » Sun May 22, 2016 9:31 pm

I use Dropbox as an overall cloud based backup for all my family tree stuff, but also use Picassa, a Google based photo app that links with Google Drive for free backup. Picassa also let's you do some editing which I have found very useful. And more importantly they are all free.

Sent from my SM-G925F using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
richardmalia

Postby debbie1988 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:53 pm

You can by a server to keep all your family tree documents and photos on them I used to have one . At the moment iv got everything on my laptop

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
debbie1988

Postby Dannylbarber » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 pm

I've written two blog posts on storing and scanning photos which might help you decide :) Dropbox is definitely the one to go for in my opinion but a mixture of online and offline is the best way.

http://familytreetips.co.uk/2016/08/25/ ... documents/

http://familytreetips.co.uk/2016/08/24/ ... ly-photos/
Dannylbarber

Return to Genealogy chat