Moderator Control Panel ]

Removing URL from post

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Removing URL from post

Postby lyndsay185 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:18 am

Hi
I am a new user and posted a query in the forum. I have had a reply from a forum user and want to respond to them. In their reply they included a URL link, and when I tried to post my reply I got the message that it looked too spamy for a new user and I needed to remove the URL - but it is in the message I'm replying to so I can't! Please can you let me know how to fix this. Thanks
lyndsay185

Re: Removing URL from post

Postby Guy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:58 am

lyndsay185 wrote:Note this post is not a direct qoute as it has been change to show a point.
Hi
I am a new user.
I have had a reply from a forum user. In their reply they included 350 URL links, and when I tried to post my reply I got the message that it looked too spamy for a new user and I needed to remove the URL - but it is in the message I'm replying to so I can't! Please can you let me know how to fix this. Thanks

If you mean you are quoting a post in your reply then you can change the existing post at will.
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Guy

Re: Removing URL from post

Postby lyndsay185 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi - Thanks for the reply. No I didn't quote anything in my post, because the error message referred to the URL I thought it must be picking up the post of the person who replied to me but now I'm not too sure. There are some red underlined words in my post which are not recognised but these are all family names so I can't remove them! I definitely haven't included an off site URL but it still won't let me submit the post!
The only thing I can think of to do is to do some more posting until I am not tagged as a new user?
lyndsay185

Return to Technical help