Moderator Control Panel ]

Nelly (Nellie) Hobart Titford

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Nelly (Nellie) Hobart Titford

Postby ciderdrinker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 pm

ps there's a suggestion on line that Nelly had another daughter Elizabeth Maude Titford /Hays born Mar 1888 Islington 1b 254 ,the girl was registered at birth as Hays but married as Titford alias Lucas June 1907 Islington 1b 617 to Alfred George Ayres.Her father seems to be Thomas Henry Hays born 1868 Islington who was already married.

1891 Shoreditch 22 Bridport St
Thomas H Hays 23 labourer plumber Islington
Ellen 21 box maker Islington
Elizabeth 3 Islington

Ciderdrinker
ciderdrinker

Postby ermin79 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Or Nelly Titford could be the Ellen Hays on that 1891 census, the year of birth is only 1 year out from the OPs original idea of 1869. Place of birth matches. Did she have Elizabeth / Lizzie, then marry Mr Hays, then go on to marry Mr Lucas?

****edit sorry got completely the wrong end of the stick there ciderdrinker, thought you meant the 1891 Ellen was a different lady! Having said all that I cannot find a marriage to Hays / Hayes with a Titford spouse (which there 'shouldn't' be if he was already married) or a subsequent Hayes / Hays marriage to a Lucas if Nellie was using Thomas's surname.

Sent from my LG-D213 using WDYTYA Forum mobile app
ermin79

Postby Jenaheldd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:21 pm

ciderdrinker wrote:ps there's a suggestion on line that Nelly had another daughter Elizabeth Maude Titford /Hays born Mar 1888 Islington 1b 254 ,the girl was registered at birth as Hays but married as Titford alias Lucas June 1907 Islington 1b 617 to Alfred George Ayres.Her father seems to be Thomas Henry Hays born 1868 Islington who was already married.

1891 Shoreditch 22 Bridport St
Thomas H Hays 23 labourer plumber Islington
Ellen 21 box maker Islington
Elizabeth 3 Islington

Ciderdrinker

I saw this too and wondered if I'd come across a bit of a scandal!

Like Ermin79 above, I couldn't find a marriage between Titford/Hays either, so that made me suspect even more.

Looks like I might have to get this Elizabeth's birth and marriage certificate - this is turning into an expensive month and it's on the 7th!!
Jenaheldd

Postby Janeisleofwight » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi. My mum is louisas daughter. She would dearly love to contact you about her family memories. If possible please contact me. She is now 84 and would dearly love to share family memorises.
Janeisleofwight

Postby Janeisleofwight » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi Louisa was my nan. She married George Moore and they lived in Benwell Road.
My mum Audrey is their only child and is now 84. She would dearly love to talk to you about her aunties and the family. Please get in contact.
Janeisleofwight

Postby Jenaheldd » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:45 am

Janeisleofwight wrote:Hi Louisa was my nan. She married George Moore and they lived in Benwell Road.
My mum Audrey is their only child and is now 84. She would dearly love to talk to you about her aunties and the family. Please get in contact.

Hi! I've PM'd you :-)
Jenaheldd

Postby Jenaheldd » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Got to love the internet.......

On the back of the post above, I'm going to visit my newly found 1st cousin 1 x removed in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait!! :D
Jenaheldd

Postby JaneyH » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:43 pm

I sometimes wish this forum had a "like" button! It's always heartening to read stories like this.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
JaneyH

Postby Janeisleofwight » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Fantastic! I'm thrilled I tracked you down and hope you have a great natter with mum. She's got so many memories. Nan Louisa once told me a very interesting story about Jack the Ripper. There were Lucas family living in the same building as one of the victims. I'd love to know if they were related, and maybe what she said was true. Our next quest?
Janeisleofwight

Postby Jenaheldd » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Janeisleofwight wrote:Fantastic! I'm thrilled I tracked you down and hope you have a great natter with mum. She's got so many memories. Nan Louisa once told me a very interesting story about Jack the Ripper. There were Lucas family living in the same building as one of the victims. I'd love to know if they were related, and maybe what she said was true. Our next quest?

I'm glad you found me as well Jane. This part of my family is a bit of a mystery. I don't think there is anything sinister (although reading your comment about Jack the Ripper, who knows!!! ;) ), but trying to get any details out of the few 'older people' who are still around is like pulling teeth!!

If you PM me your email address, I'll send you a link to my Ancestry tree

Jackie
Jenaheldd

Previous

Return to General research queries