Moderator Control Panel ]

What's going on?

If you have birth, marriage or death records you no longer need, help other users by swapping them here

What's going on?

Postby pete25 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Received an inbox message yesterday asking if I could send one of my unwanted certificates to a WDYTYA? user...I replied saying I was willing to do so.
Anyway, the email address which was provided was official to WDYTYA? Magazine.
No, I'm won't send any certificates to the magazine as they obviously have something in mind for my certificate.
Has anyone else had the same, or a similar, email asking to send them unwanted certificates?

Kind regards,

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Re: What's going on?

Postby ksouthall » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:59 pm

Perhaps they have received an email from a user who would like the certificate but who doesn't want to contact you due to personal reasons such as not wishing to give out their address. Have you replied to the message asking why the magazine has requested the certificate?
ksouthall

Postby pete25 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:17 pm

No. This person said the certificate was in relation to that of her 4x great grandfather. This person wasn't requesting the certificate for a 3rd party.
Thanks for asking.

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
pete25

Postby ksouthall » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Perhaps one of the magazine staff is genuinely descended from the person you have the certificate for. It's not impossible - the staff at the magazine have ancestors just like we do.
ksouthall

Return to Unwanted certificates