Moderator Control Panel ]

bridget Mary Sheehan - Hit a brickwall with birth

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: bridget Mary Sheehan - Hit a brickwall with birth

Postby ianbee » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Serge Krish or Krisch was a pianist and conductor (unless there were two of them, seems unlikely), The Serge Krish Septet, Serge Krish and his Orchestra, etc. And many broadcasts on the BBC. See Genome and the newspapers

If Bridget was their housekeeper and some/all the family had left their home for a while, would she have stayed on there? Also, she might possibly have been a bit older than 21 in 1937?
ianbee

Postby McGreig1408 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:40 am

I've paid for the neighboring address at Beckwith Road and there are three locked records at number 56, they could however be the other three Krish family members tht appear on later electoral rolls, assuming they were too young to be on the 1939 one.

It's interesting that Serge Krish was from a musical background, one of the families we were told she worked for was Constant Lambert.

I also notice another McCarthy family a few doors down on the Beckwith road entry, could this be a connection for the McCarthy marriage? It's a common name so maybe not, there's no Patrick living there.
McGreig1408

Postby ianbee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:56 pm

McGreig1408 wrote:The entire address is missing from the 1939 register, I have contacted them and was told it is because all household members are closed, I thought it should still appear as a closed address on the search but was told not.
McGreig1408 wrote: I've paid for the neighboring address at Beckwith Road and there are three locked records at number 56,

56 Beckwith Road, Camberwell is now open.
In fact it is marked V - vacant. No inhabitants at all! 58 is also vacant, whilst 54 has Harold and Winifred Charity.
Which begs the question, why was this address redacted, and why did findmypast say it was because of the household members?
ianbee

Postby magster » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 pm

Ianbee,

the lady at 56 Beckwith was my mother-in-law. She worked for several composers as housekeeper/companion.

I'm not aware that she had a child that she gave up for adoption, but we didn't/don't know much about her past. Would love to find out more. She never discussed it much. She moved to Canada and had two sons.

I have of course her birth certificate, etc. If anybody needs any info, just let me know.

Magster
magster

Postby magster » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:37 pm

McGreig1408 wrote:My Grandmother was born in 1938 and adopted in 1942, her birth mother was Bridget Mary Sheehan. We have the address where she was living as a housekeeper and companion just before and after my grandmother's birth. We know she came from southern Ireland and had a sister called Eileen.

I was hoping that the 1939 register would end my troubles, if I could access her record I would know her date of birth which would narrow down the many in the Ireland registers. Unfortunately her record is closed, I cannot prove her death as I don't know her married name to locate a death certificate, there are a few possibilities but I have no way of verifying which is the right one.

I feel like Henry with his broken bucket, I can't access one record without information I can only get from that record.

Does anyone have any other ideas of how I can break down this brick wall? My Grandmother would love to be able to find out more and as her health deteriorates I worry I won't find anything in time to share with her.

McCreig, the lady you are talking about was my mother-in-law, born in 1914. Let me know whether you would like to exchange information. However she did not have a sister, but a brother, Michael.

Magster
magster

Postby McGreig1408 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:10 pm

Wow I've only just seen this whilst re-checking all my old notes and staring at the black lines on the 1939 register willing them to open. Very odd about 56 Beckwoth road now showing as vacant. Have been looking at the Banstead address now.

Magster would be amazing to contact you to compare notes.
McGreig1408

Postby magster » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:12 pm

McCreig,

not sure if my PM reached you..was sent at 10:07 Toronto time..i think it's 3:07 p.m. your time.

magster
magster

Bridget Mary Sheehan - wonderful news!

Postby magster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Just to update everybody:

We took a DNA test and it turned out that my mother-in-law is McCreig's great-grandmother! :)

Everybody is thrilled with the results and these are very exciting times. :D

Magster...over and out! ;)
magster

Previous

Return to General research queries