Moderator Control Panel ]

Baizon/Baison/Bozion

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Baizon/Baison/Bozion

Postby Gringots » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

My Gt Gt Grandfather was John Baizon according to Census records he was born in Hampshire, Basingstoke c1815. He married Caroline Roan(Rone) who was born in Hempstead, Gloucestershire c 1845 , their first child was born in Gloucestershire in 1846. Then the family moved up to Warwickshire.

I can have found no record so far, of his birth or marriage. I am led to believe the family have French origins but have no proof at this time.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!
Gringots

Re: Baizon/Baison/Bozion

Postby ianbee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:18 pm

John Basing
baptized 23 January 1816, Odiham, Hampshire
parents John and Jane

He may be on the missing list.
But the rest of the family are in Basingstoke in 1841
ianbee

Postby Gringots » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Thank you very much!
Gringots

Postby Sospiri » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello,

My late wife, Joy Ann DORMAN's great grandfather, David DORMAN, was married to John BAIZON's daughter Mary Ann BAIZON, so I have accumulated quite a bit of information about this family. If you wish to discuss this further please reply here.
John spent his early life on canal boats or later as a lockkeeper in Birmingham.

Regards,

Sospiri
Sospiri

Postby Gringots » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi,
good to hear from you. I would love to discus further. I know he was born in Hampshire and moved to Birmingham via Gloucestershire. I have found Mary's birth in Gloucestershire but so far, have not found the birth of the elder daughter Jane or his marriage to Caroline. I know he was a lock keeper in Aston but before that I have him as a labourer so nothing about the canals until Birmingham.

Regards

Gringots
Gringots

Return to General research queries