Moderator Control Panel ]

Is this William Thomas Poulton (1875-1941) of Morecambe?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Re: Is this William Thomas Poulton (1875-1941) of Morecambe?

Postby stevejp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Hello Kirsty. Yes I'm still here and still hoping to identify the man in the photo. I do not know if it is your great-great grandfather, it may not be, but I'd very much like to see your photo. Most of all, I'd like to know if your grandmother recognises anyone in my photo. If she doesn't recognise either of them, that will still be useful to know, albeit a little disappointing! The man in the bowler hat is definitely my grandfather.
Thank you so much for you post. I hadn't logged in to WDYTYA for ages but received an email prompt. I will start logging in again now that I know you have responded, so you can reply with another post or by sending a personal message. I'll look out for a pm just in case.
Thank you, again.
Steve
stevejp

Postby Kirsty Rixon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi Steve

I am trying to send you a photo on private message but I am new to this site and can't work out how to add the image. It is saying that the JPEG file is not allowed?

Kirsty
Kirsty Rixon

Postby woodchal » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:30 pm

I think the forum has rules that say you must have 5 posts before you can attach photos etc
woodchal

Postby stevejp » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Yes, there is some sort of restriction on what can be posted by newbies: I had the same problem when I tried to post the original photo and had to contact admin for help. Kirsty Rixon has been able to get in touch with me as a result of her post and has supplied a photograph privately, for which I am very grateful.
As to whether the man standing next to my grandfather is William Thomas Poulton or not, I'm still not sure (and tending to think not). William Thomas Powlton, in Kirsty Rixon's photo, is much fuller in face than the man standing next to my grandfather. If it is the same man, it must have been taken years apart.
I've always known that it might not be him, but still think I'm on the right family track. More photos of WTP are still welcome, especially if there appears to be a close resemblance, but I probably need to find another way of proving a connection between my family tree with that of WTP. I've started reading about DNA testing. That may be my next step.
stevejp

Previous

Return to Photo identification