Moderator Control Panel ]

"View New Posts" issues

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

"View New Posts" issues

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Is anyone else having issues with "View New Posts" not showing all the new posts on the web-page version of the forum?

Just now, the only new post that I got when choosing that option, was the latest post on the "Francis Radford - Architect/Bulder 1821-1900 - Photos?" topic in the "Photo identification" forum. Yet when I checked the individual boards for date and time of last post, the topic "Joseph and Esther Fearneley" in "General research queries" was definitely one I'd not seen before. This was a completely new topic to me, not just a new post, and, encouraging me to think that my memory is not a fault, it was shown in red, which I think means new (new topic? new post? Not sure). But it didn't come up on "View New Posts".

Not sure whether this might be an effect of me accessing the board both on my phone and on my desk-top??? I did look for new posts on my phone earlier today but well before the creation of the "Joseph and Esther Fearneley" topic.
Adrian
AdrianB38

Re: "View New Posts" issues

Postby AdrianB38 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:01 pm

I wrote the first post in this topic today at 5:02 pm - though it was almost certainly 4:02 pm.

Checking again at 22:54 (on my PC), "View new posts" again shows nothing. Checking the forums themselves, "General research queries" has a post today at 6:17 pm - the latest post in the "Henry c hookins" topic, which I haven't seen. It doesn't show up in "View new posts" but it is in red.

And I am certain that after early this morning I have only used the desktop website and not the web-app on my phone.

Anyone understand what's going on?
Adrian
AdrianB38

Re: "View New Posts" issues

Postby meekhcs » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi Adrian

The last post I have received in Gen Enqs is Sylvia's reply to the Earnley post dated today at 3.20am.

I am sure that when these mega sites update little bugs creep in. For months on here I lost the member's picture avatars and then recently they suddenly re appeared!

I have had issues with Ancestry recently, since their last update, and these are gradually resolving themselves, no doubt people have started to flag them up.

Sally
meekhcs

Return to Technical help