Moderator Control Panel ]

Help with photo age!

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Help with photo age!

Postby em_ann8 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:38 am

I recently found this in an old box of my grandmother's photos. The only thing written on it is Rock Creek, Ohio. We are trying to figure out who is in the photo and where it was taken (school, church, ect). I have tried sending it to the local historical society, but unfortunately they were not able to assist. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Emily

ImageUploadedByWDYTYA Forum1448674580.685865.jpg
ImageUploadedByWDYTYA Forum1448674580.685865.jpg (114.86 KiB) Viewed 1808 times

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
em_ann8

Re: Help with photo age!

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:57 pm

What a fabulous photograph and it is a shame that the society you contacted could not help. Did you mean local to where you live in the UK? It looks like they are all family members rather than a school, as the ages differ.

You need to contact a society in Ohio, so have a Google, but do make sure it is Ohio. as there are other States with Rock Creek places in them.

I would guess date wise it could be anywhere from the mid 1880's to early 1900's, but I would think the children could be very recognizable to their descendants. Another thought is to try an Ohio newspaper, both ideas could be carried out over the Internet. Hope you are successful and do let us know if you get a result.
KayFarndon

Re: Help with photo age!

Postby em_ann8 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:34 am

Thanks for the reply Kay! I sent to to the historical society in Ashtabula County, where Rock Creek is located.

I hadn't thought of trying the newspaper! My mother thinks the gentleman on the right of the photo has the characteristics of some of our family members, but trying to come up with a date to narrow it down has been difficult. I will try the time frame that you have suggested and see what I am able to find!

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will be sure to let you know if I am able to make any progress!!

Sent from my iPhone using WDYTYA Forum
em_ann8

Return to Photo identification